Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Beating

Come they told me
Pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see
Pa rum pum pum pum

Our finest gifts we bring
Pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the kIng
Pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum


So to honor Him
Pa rum pum pum pum
When we come

One of my favorite renditions of this song is by Jessica Simpson and her sister from a few years back, seriously.  I really like this song,  with the “pa rum pum pum pum,” one can hear the beating of the drum.

“Our finest gifts we bring” – now that’s a sobering thought.  

Jesus gave his best for us.  Yet I know that I myself often give him my worst – when I’m tired, discouraged and full of doubt – I run to him in despair and exhaustion.  He always receives me, but I often wonder why I don’t as readily run to “play for him” when all is going well…just to “honor him.”


So “when we come” this Christmas, let’s come with hearts of thanksgiving and praise to honor our King. Beat that drum!

No comments:

Post a Comment