Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dream Come True

I’m dreaming of a white Christmas just like the ones I used to know – where the treetops glisten – and children listen – to hear -sleigh bells in the snow…

I’ve never seen a white Christmas where I live. We get snow on a rare occasion, but never on Christmas day. So when I hear this song, I can’t sing it truthfully, because I have no memories of white Christmases from long ago – because there have been none.  I’ve ridden a sleigh, but not here where I live.

This is probably one of the most recognized Christmas carols in America, and yet those who live in warmer climates can certainly dream, but that’s as far as the snowy Christmas day gets.

Did you know that Jesus’ blood that he shed when he died on the cross makes us white “as snow?”  This, I’ve experienced.  Clean and white, pure in his sight.

If you have, or have not, experienced a white Christmas, I hope you  have experienced a “glistening” white cleansing of all your sin. 

Psalm 51 says, “Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.”

Hyssop is a purifying herb.  Jesus’ blood takes a filthy heart and washes it clean.  As clean as a fresh blanket of untouched snow.


All you have to do is believe, and ask him to forgive you of all wrongdoing, and you can have a white Christmas of a different kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment