Monday, December 30, 2013

Hope and Rest

Psalm 62

Yes, my soul, find rest in God;  my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

One of the things I felt God tell me at the beginning of this year is that I would learn to rest.  Boy, has it been a ride, because most of the year I felt anything BUT rest.  However, as each circumstance and thought arose that robbed me of rest, he taught me some things to put my soul at rest and say “Yes!”

When my thoughts overwhelm me, I put on music and begin to dance and lift my hands to the rock of my salvation.

When my chest is tight from too much to do, he causes me to lie down “in green pastures” as I breathe deeply, in and out, the very breath he gave me, and my soul calms down.

When my heart is hurting over the needs before me and in the lives of my friends, he has shown me where to lay these worries – at his feet – trusting Him to take care of them and heal them.

When I’m on overload from listening to others and trying to carry their burdens, I’ve finally realized it’s okay and good to say, “I’ll pray for you,” and let it go with that.  I can point others to counselors and to Jesus, but I can’t make them go. 


Yes, my soul is responding to the rest of God, and I hope and pray you find rest as well, for your weary soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment