Thursday, December 19, 2013

Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly Christmas
Have a holly, jolly Christmas;
It's the best time of the year
I don't know if there'll be snow
but have a cup of cheer
Have a holly, jolly Christmas;
And when you walk down the street
Say Hello to friends you know
and everyone you meet

I like rhyming worlds, like holly and jolly. They both sound merry, don’t they?  What rhyming words do you like?

And I agree – Christmas is the best time of the year.

I know many get stressed out during the holidays, and so do I sometimes.  But it’s a good sort of stress – what to buy for whom – because it’s all about giving. And when we stress over the “perfect” gift, the joy of giving leaves us.  But when we give out of a thankful heart, the reaction of the recipient is really their own deal – not ours.

I also want to say “hello” not only to friends, but to those I meet at the store, in line paying for a gift, too!  Sometimes, just a "How is your day going?" brightens up a stranger as we greet them!


Holly, jolly, oh by golly – it’s going to be a great Christmas because Jesus is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment