Sunday, December 22, 2013

Lovely Weather

Our cheeks are nice and rosy
And comfy cozy are we
We're snuggled up together like two
Birds of a feather would be

Let's take the road before us
And sing a chorus or two
Come on, it's lovely weather
For a sleigh ride together with you

This is a verse from the carol “Sleigh Ride” and isn’t it a great picture to behold?  Rosy cheeks, cozied up together like “birds of a feather,” singing a “chorus or two?”

For many of my friends, Christmas is anything but cheery this year.  My neighbor is ill, a friend lost her dad this year, and another man we know lost his job. When times are hard, we don’t feel like celebrating anything at all, much less cozying up to sing on a sleigh ride – alone, sick, and in need.

I’ve been there, and it was friends that helped me pull out of the darkness, prayers that lifted me back on my feet, and a Savior whose presence lightened my countenance that put the joy back in my song.

So my prayer this Christmas is that my friends feel the pull upwards until the weather is lovely once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment