Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Heavenly Peace

Silent Night

Silent night, holy night – all is calm, all is bright – round yon virgin mother and child – holy infant so tender and mild – sleep in heavenly peace – sleep in heavenly peace.

I once heard a story about a little boy who drew a picture of the manger scene, with a little fat man in the corner.  His mom said she loved the picture, but asked, “Who is the little fat man?” His reply was, “That’s little Round Jon Virgin.”  Funny!

I also used to sing to my own son as he drifted off to sleep, “I’ve got peace like a river…peace like a river…peace like a river in my soul…”  He asked for this song over and over again.

Peace brings with it strength to face the day, doesn’t it?  Peace brings with it undisturbed sleep.  Peace brings with it the absence of fear.

Jesus is the Prince of Peace.  He’s with you, for the asking.


I pray that today you experience the tenderness of the Savior who loves you, and his peace that encircles you.

No comments:

Post a Comment