Friday, December 6, 2013

Joy

Joy to the World

Joy to the world, the Lord is come! Let earth receive her King; let every heart prepare him room, and heaven and nature sing, and heaven and nature sing, and heaven and heaven and nature sing!

Are you experiencing joy in your life right now?  I’ve always heard people say that happiness can come and go, depending on your circumstances, but joy lasts and can never be taken away.  I’m not sure about that statement, but I do know that in order to have joy, we must “prepare him room.”

In other words, if our heart is full of hatred, bitterness, anger, and unforgiveness (to just name a few fillers), there is very little room for Christ, or his joy.

A heart full of joy sings.  A heart full of joy acknowledges the King of her heart.  And a heart full of joy has very little of anything else but joy!

I know when my heart is full of other things, because it feels heavy, sad, and tight.  I have to make a choice to bend my knee, acknowledge my weakness and let go of the things that weigh me down, in order to make room for joy.

A joyful sound and a disgruntled groan cannot reside in the same heart.  One has to fade, and the other increase.


Which will it be for you, this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment