Monday, October 21, 2013

Revel In It

Psalm 18 says: They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

Did you know the Lord delights in you?  In the New Testament, God speaks aloud at Jesus’ baptism and says that Jesus is his son, a son that pleases him. 

It’s because of Jesus that God delights in us.  His son was perfect, he obeyed and fulfilled very purpose for which he was born, and God took pleasure in him.

It pleased God to send his son so that he could delight in his children, as well.  Sin separated us from God, so God bridged that gap, and made a way for us to fellowship with him – which brings him great delight.

There are confrontations you will have in this life – in fact they will be disastrous at times.  However, the Lord is your support and he will rescue you. Why?  Not because you are perfect, but because his Son who lives in you is perfect.

Revel in his delight over you today.


No comments:

Post a Comment