Thursday, October 3, 2013

No One

2 Samuel 22: 32

For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.

It’s good for us to ask these two questions to ourselves once in a while.  The answer is always, “No one.”

There is no other one, no other god, no other rock, except our God.

This means that anything else we place our faith in, whatever else we try to stand upon, and wherever else we lean for strength, will fail us, crumble beneath us, and fall.  I know, because I’ve trusted in my own strength, in others and what they think of me, and I’ve leaned hard on my own understand and it never got me anywhere.

So ask yourself these two questions today, and when you answer it – praise God for arming you with strength and keeping your way secure. 


There is no one like our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment