Monday, October 28, 2013

His Pleasure

Psalm 147 says, His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of the warrior; the Lord delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope 
in his unfailing love.

I’m so glad God’s pleasure doesn’t come from how strong I am, or how fast I run, or in how well the things I own and produce and work for me.  He doesn’t delight in how well I can sing, how awesome I perform, or how high I jump. 

He delights in me.

He loves it when I trust him, even when I don’t understand.
He is full of delight when I recognize his authority in my life and give honor.
He is thrilled when I place my hope in his love that never fails.
He is responsive to my heart that responds to him.

As we delight in his word, our Father delights in us – his creation – his image – his sons and daughters.  It’s his good pleasure to bless us.  

And that, he does.


No comments:

Post a Comment