Sunday, October 27, 2013

Life Preserver

Psalm 119 If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life.

There’s a reason we are told many times to delight in his word, his law, his statutes.  God knows that we will need his word to sustain us when life gets hard, when we don’t understand, or when we feel too weak to stand.  It’s in these particular times that God’s word is just like a life-preserver – it’s something we can grab onto in order to keep afloat.

Without his word, or even with it but despising it, we will perish.  His word is life.

There’s another verse in the New Testament that says wherever your treasure is, there is your heart also.  Our treasure must be the sweetness of his words, words we store up in chests like those who store gold, only to be opened and discovered daily with gasps of, “Oh my, he loves me that much?”


Never forget God's words to you. Delight in them. They are better than life.

No comments:

Post a Comment