Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Don't Forget

James 1:22-24 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 

Have you ever looked in a mirror and walked away, forgetting what you looked like?  Most of us look, adjust our clothes, brush our hair, and touch up anything out of place, and walk away remembering how good we looked, or depressed because we can’t make ourselves look any better – even with all the touch-ups and time put forth to do so.

When I look into the Word I see all sorts of flaws in the way my heart looks, but I also see hope in that I don’t have to fix them – He sees them and covers them with his blood – HIS sacrifice.

And when I walk away from what the word says about how I look in his eyes, and I still beat myself up and feel unworthy and unaccepted, I’m in effect saying “Forget that.”  It’s a slap in God’s face.

So look into the word today, and if you see flaws and shortcomings – ask God to touch you up, make the adjustments, and straighten your mind – then walk away and remember how he made you perfect and beautiful.

And don’t forget it.


No comments:

Post a Comment