Friday, October 4, 2013

Deer Feet

2 Samuel 22:34  He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights.

Have you ever wondered why this verse says he makes our feet like the feet of a deer?  Why a deer, and not a fox, a dog, or a lion?

I know that deer are graceful and swift, even in tough spots.  And they can leap, too!  One site says this: …when climbing a mountain, a deer could put it's back (hind) feet in exactly the same spot where it's front feet had just stepped.  Exactly and without error.  With certainty and precision.  With ordered steps. Another verse says the steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.

I don’t know about you, but I want feet like that.  And God has promised to place my steps with precision.  I don’t have to slip and fall.  I don’t have to slide off a cliff.  And I don’t have to lose my footing to shame. 

Thank you Lord, for feet like a deer, and please lead me to the heights you have planned for me, as you order my steps!


No comments:

Post a Comment