Thursday, October 24, 2013

Firm Steps

Psalm 37 says, The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

Today is my birthday. And I’m thankful he holds my hand.  I stumble daily in my faith, I stagger sometimes with sorrow, and other times I just trip over my thoughts.  But when he has my hand, I know I’m safe and held.

I’m getting stronger as I get older.  I’m living and learning more about my Father as I live another day and observe the beauty of his love in my life.

I’ve seen and know that God is good.  And I don’t want to ever let go of his hand, because it’s the hand of the one who delights in me, and I in him.


And when I’m not stumbling, staggering or tripping, our dance is quite sweet!

Take his hand, let him hold it firm, and allow him to teach you the steps to the song that he sings in your ear as he leads you along.  

And don't be afraid of falling - he's got your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment