Saturday, October 5, 2013

In Training

2 Samuel 22: He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You make your saving help my shield; your help has made me great. You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way.

We just read how God shields us, give us feet like a deer, and keeps our way secure.  But here we read about trained hands – ready for battle. 

God does all the work, but he expects us to lift our hands in surrender, grab his hand and trust, move our feet in faith and walk, take up our shields of faith, and stand with our eyes set on Him. 

Remember the old show on TV – with Gomer Pyle – the big goof in the army?  He had a ruthless sergeant, but Gomer was one who always talked and never quite listened nor understood what it was he was supposed to do – stay in line with the troops.

God isn’t ruthless, and we’re not goofy.  We’re made in his image, and all we have to do is offer up our hands for training, and our hearts in trust, our feet poised and ready.


It’s then that our ankles get strong so they don’t bend as we’re scaling the heights!

No comments:

Post a Comment