Sunday, October 20, 2013

Delight in Him

There are many things about the Lord that should bring us delight, and when we delight in him, we are blessed.

This verse says: My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance. (I Samuel 2)

This is Hannah’s song.  She prayed for a son and God gave her one. The Lord delivered her from barrenness.

What has God delivered you from?  If you know him as Savior, he’s delivered you from death.  If you know him as Lord, he’s delivered you from destruction.  If you know him as Friend, he’s delivered you from a life of isolation.  And if you know him as King, he’s delivered you from poverty. 

God is our deliverer.  And we can delight in that deliverance.

You can bet those who are rescued from plane crashes, capsized boats, or from being kidnapped are filled with delight when the rescuer comes.

Rejoice in the Lord and boast in Him. Delight in his deliverance.


No comments:

Post a Comment