Monday, February 29, 2016

Yes, Wait

Last verse of Psalm 27 Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.


Waiting is not my strong suit. Is it yours?  I don’t like waiting in long lines for food, I hated waiting in lines for rides at amusement parks when I was younger (especially in the Texas heat!), and I despise waiting in a long line of traffic!

But here we are told to wait for the Lord.  That implies that sometimes he may not answer us on cue, when we demand that he do so.

Waiting does a lot of things.  It makes us angry and causes our blood pressure to rise, or it requires us to breathe, rest and take note of the sun shining in the sky or listen to the birds singing their songs, and this results in peace…

Here we are told to be strong.  Take courage.  And wait.

Good things come to those who wait, so I’m told.

And I believe that it’s true, when those good things come from Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment