Tuesday, March 1, 2016

My Rock


Psalm 28:1,2 To You, O Lord, I call; My rock, do not be deaf to me, For if You are silent to me, I will become like those who go down to the pit. Hear the voice of my supplications when I cry to You for help, When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.


David (the writer of the psalms) is always crying out to God for help, because he seems to find himself in peril often.  I love the way he demonstrates the great movement of our emotions in all of us.  We encounter hard times, we panic and call out to God for help, and we imply that he might not hear us.

Here we see David asking God to “not be deaf” to him, and he then says “If you are silent” and proceeds from there.

God is never deaf to us, but he is sometimes silent, at least he seems to be.  It’s in those times that he requires that we praise him by lifting up our hands, we observe his greatness by lifting up our eyes, and we believe his goodness by lifting up our thoughts.

Call on Him today – your rock – and you won’t be disappointed – even if you have to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment