Saturday, February 20, 2016

In Spite of This

Psalm 27 cont’d: When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell. Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear;
Though war arise against me, In spite of this I shall be confident.


Okay, so evildoers exist in this life.  We see it on the news and we’ve seen them on the streets.  And yes, we have adversaries, those who are against us and what we stand for.  In fact, sometimes we feel like a “host” is ready to declare war on our emotions, our hearts, and our resolve to keep the faith.

This verse says that instead of us stumbling and falling, THEY did.

This verse that that even against all odds, I SHALL BE confident.

It doesn’t makes sense to feel confident and strong in the middle of a raging war, but that’s the beauty of who God is – he’s the God who makes no sense to our senses – but he devours our enemies and sets our feet on solid ground – never to fall.

Nothing can separate us from his great love, and nothing can destroy our lives in Him.

Not even evildoers that devour...


No comments:

Post a Comment