Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Yes, I Will

Psalm 27:6 And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me, And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.

Can you picture it?  You’re surrounded by a throng of “enemies” trying to tear at your flesh and eat you up, and then…you’re lifted up high above them all…where they can’t get at you and all you can do is just see them below you?

That’s what God does for us – he lifts our head up when it’s hanging down in fear.

And the response from us is then joyful shouts and songs – yes! – songs of praise to Him.

We can sing songs on our bed at night when darkness surrounds us.

We can sing songs in the early morning when the sun is just peeking over the horizon.

We can shout for joy when the strong breezes blow.


We can sing AND shout because He is the lifter of our head – over everything that 
surrounds us – so that those things are then surrounded by praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment