Sunday, February 21, 2016

One Thing

Psalm 27 cont’d:

One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord And to meditate in His temple.

On most any given day, I’m asking and seeking and desiring other things like money, healing, direction, etc. and I’m not really seeking to behold his beauty.

His beauty came in his suffering for our sins, his taking the blame for our wrongs, and his being beaten for our healing.  And when we think on the beauty of the work Jesus did on the cross for us, because he was willing and obedient to his Father’s directive to love the world so that they won’t perish – we can’t help but wonder and marvel and realize that he is indeed good, perfect, and trustworthy.

And when we ask for that one thing – to see his beauty – to dwell in his presence – when it is granted – is transcends all of the other wishes and wants that dominated our vision for so long.

Try it.

Behold his beauty.


Meditate in his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment