Friday, February 12, 2016

Under Grace

I like Romans 6:14, 25 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace. What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!

At different times in my life I’ve heard others talk about grace as though it was a license to do whatever we please because we’re under “grace” - that loving kindness of our Father.

But that sort of attitude misses the mark altogether.  

It’s grace that rescues us from being a slave to sin, unable to control ourselves from doing those things that are harmful to us and others around us.  Grace is not a license to sin, but rather it’s a ticket off the boat where we’re chained up, into his arms where we’re free to be loved…and to love.

I’m thankful we are not under “law” with someone forcing us to do this and that, but I’m ever grateful for the grace that brings me to his love where I want to do what he tells me, because his love is so pure and strong, and I realize that his grace covers a multitude of sins in me.

Under grace.


What a great place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment