Monday, February 1, 2016

Give me Wisdom


Skipping now over to II Chronicles I we read of amazing discourse between God and Solomon.

 In that night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, “Ask what I shall give you.” Solomon said to God, “You have dealt with my father David with great lovingkindness, and have made me king in his place. Now O Lord God, Your promise to my father David is fulfilled, for You have made me king over a people as numerous as the dust of the earth.  Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people, for who can rule this great people of Yours?”
Have you ever heard God just tell you such a directive?
Solomon, instead of asking for material things or long life or anything like that, asks for wisdom.
God says he will give us the desires of our hearts, and that means too that he places certain desires in our hearts. In other words, when our God-given desires surface, they will be granted.
The Bible also says that sometimes we don’t receive when we pray because we ask for things to consume our own lusts.
It’s hard not to focus on what we need/want with our eyes.  But somehow Solomon saw what he needed to rule the people well and that was wisdom.  He realized his own limitations and his need for God’s supernatural insight.
That is effective prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment