Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Does He Hear?

Psalm 27:7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice, And be gracious to me and answer me. When You said, “Seek My face,” my heart said to You, “Your face, O Lord, I shall seek.”

Do you ever feel like God is not listening, that perhaps he’s giving you the “silent treatment?” Sometimes, when we cry out for answers we hear nothing.  But that’s never a bad thing with HIM.

Look at the rest of the verse.  Some other time God had told David to seek his face and he had obeyed.  David reminds God of this and asks him to be gracious to him to answer again.

When God seems to be silent, the obvious answer is always to keep seeking…but not so much for the answer…but rather for Him.

When we seek to know him and his righteousness and his ways, all these other things we are hoping for answers to, just work themselves out.

It’s his way.

Seek him first…and all these things follow.

Even when he’s silent.


No comments:

Post a Comment