Sunday, February 7, 2016

A Graceful Wreath


In Proverbs 1 we read great imagery about grace.

Hear, my son, your father’s instruction And do not forsake your mother’s teaching;
 Indeed, they are a graceful wreath to your head And ornaments about your neck.


My daughter’s little girl loves to stand in my closet and stare at my necklaces. She looks them over and points out ones she’d like to drape around her own neck.  The look on her eyes as she wonders and chooses makes me melt, and I pick out one and let her wear it.  It warms my heart that she enjoys wearing something of mine.

Good instruction that we receive from our fathers and mothers is like a pretty necklace for our necks or a crown for our heads.  In fact, they are “graceful.”

It looks good on us when we wear in obedience our Father’s instructions as well.  It’s an adornment that others see and stop to adore, wonder, and want to wear…as well.

Is your “closet” full of grace for your children?  Are you constantly peering into your Father’s closet to see what of his that you can wear?

It might be something to think about and do!


No comments:

Post a Comment