Thursday, February 25, 2016

My Help

Psalm 27:8
Yesterday, the writer was asking God to answer him.  Today he continues:

Do not hide Your face from me, Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not abandon me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation!

Sometimes our prayers and pleas are full of fear and faith at the same time, with the faith always being the response to our fear!

David fears God’s silence and thinks perhaps  God is angry, BUT then he remembers God has always been his help.

He then worries that God might abandon or forsake him in his need, BUT then he remembers that God is his salvation.

Any thoughts or fears of God’s silence being a sign that he’s forsaken us or forgotten us are not true, so we are free to dismiss them.

Any thoughts of remembering God’s help and God’s salvation to you and yours are beneficial and serve to remind you of his great love that never leaves or forsakes.


Recall his faithfulness to you and yours, and let that settle your anxious heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment