Saturday, February 27, 2016

Lead Me

Psalm 27:11 Teach me Your way, O Lord, And lead me in a level path Because of my foes.

When I read this verse, I thought of a path through a forest with dips, holes, traps, quicksand, etc. and how I surely wouldn’t want to walk on that path at night!  Add to that scene the creatures that lurk around in the dark, and I doubly don’t want to go!

This writer is asking God for HIS ways on level paths, BECAUSE of those kinds of traps and holes that are in front of him.

When we ask for HIS ways, we have to be ready for a path that might lead right toward a “Red Sea” that seems impossible to pass through.  However, the cool thing about the Lord leading us is that he sees all obstacles and bumps in the road, and he carries us through.  Otherwise, left alone, we’d be stuck and vulnerable to all of the slips and falls and fears along the way.

God’s ways sometimes don’t look easy and we don’t understand them, but one thing is for sure.  They lead to life.

So let’s go on His level path away from the enemy…towards the light.


No comments:

Post a Comment