Sunday, September 8, 2013

Your Hands

Psalm 31: 4, 5 You will pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me, For You are my strength. Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have ransomed me, O Lord, God of truth.

Jesus himself said these same words when he was being crucified on the cross (Luke 23:46) right before he died. He must have been in excruciating pain, and feeling intense betrayal as he placed his spirit into his father’s hands.

I’m thinking that nothing we experience on this earth can compare to what Jesus experienced on the cross.  What a great pattern he sets for us in speaking the placement of our spirit, in our most extreme sense of peril in which we find ourselves at any given time, into the hands of our Father.

When our souls are downcast, we need to speak to ourselves and command our souls to trust in the one who made us, and release our spirit into his trustworthy, ransoming hands, the hands that snatch us from all nets that entangle our feet.

What an awesome relationship between father and son!  


Into YOUR hand I commit my spirit, oh Lord – God of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment