Saturday, September 7, 2013

In Between

Prayer.  It’s that thing we do daily, and it’s usually full of complaints…and praise.  We’re not so different than the psalmist, as he cried out and then exalted God.  

Let’s read through Psalm 31 over the next several days:

Psalm 31: 1 In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge; Let me never be ashamed;
In Your righteousness deliver me.

This verse starts and ends with you/your – two good bookends for a prayer.   It’s YOU, oh Lord, to whom we pray.  And it’s YOUR righteousness alone that is the answer to all my prayers. 

When we start and end with acknowledging God and our total dependency on Him, then everything we sandwich in between will be covered, because we know we can’t do anything to fix that which is wrong in our lives…on our own.

The middle part of the verse is about I, and me.  I place myself in a safe spot – under his wings.  And I ask that he remove my shame.

When He is Lord of our lives, and we commit our well-being unto him, we can have boldness to rest under his shadow and request that he cleanse us, because we are his childrens.


Got a complaint today?  Sandwich it in between the praising and exalting God for who he is - and then take refuge in his arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment