Friday, September 13, 2013

Deliver Me

Psalm 31:14, 15 But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord, I say, “You are my God.” My times are in Your hand; Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me.

Complaints and praise, they both make up this entire chapter. 

It’s a good practice to talk to our own souls and minds, to tell ourselves that we trust in the Lord.  It’s good to hear it out loud.  And it’s a good thing to personalize trust in “our” God.

The truth of the matter is (for those who love the Lord) that our times are in his hands.  No one can take us out, and nothing can destroy us or take hold of us.  We belong to him.

Yes, we will have enemies that persecute us.  We live in a world of trouble. 

However, when our ears hear, our mouths confess, and our hearts believe in the goodness of our God, deliverance is ours.



No comments:

Post a Comment