Monday, September 9, 2013

You Know

Psalm 31: 6, 7 I hate those who regard vain idols, But I trust in the Lord.
I will rejoice and be glad in Your lovingkindness, Because You have seen my affliction;
You have known the troubles of my soul…

Again we are reminded here that He knows our troubles. 

Isn’t it irritating when someone pats you on the shoulder and says, ”I’m so sorry for what you’re going through,” but in your heart you know they have no idea? However, if our house has just burned to the ground, or we’ve just lost a loved one, and a friend who’s experienced the same loss says those same words, somehow they mean so much more.

Jesus sees all affliction and pain on this earth.  He knows the troubles that surround us.  He experienced every hardship known to mankind, and yet…he did what the psalmist inclines his own heart to do.

He rejoiced in the loving kindness of his father.

If you’re experiencing great grief, listen for his whisper, “I’ve seen your affliction and I know your troubles…”  And receive his genuine embrace that not only comforts...but heals.


No comments:

Post a Comment