Sunday, September 29, 2013

He's Crazy about Us

And just why does the Lord respond to us, when we call on his name, in trust and confidence in him?  It’s because he delights in us.  We are his creation, made in his image, and he loves us.

He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.
He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

We were not created to rescue ourselves, to be strong in our own strength, or to defend ourselves with our own crafty weapons.  We were created to depend solely on the Creator, the one who fashioned us for a life full of love and serve to him.

Another verse says God’s hand is not short, and he never gets tired, and he’s never hard of hearing.  Even when we seem far away, we feel as though we’ve complained incessantly, and all we hear is deafening silence, he is there underneath us, supporting us, keeping us from falling.

And when he comes, he sets us in a “spacious” place – one where we can run around in freedom – exclaiming the goodness of the Lord! 

He does all of this because he’s crazy about us!  We are his sons and daughters, and it is his good pleasure to give us the kingdom.


No comments:

Post a Comment