Sunday, September 15, 2013

Hair

Luke 12 is a great chapter on God’s knowledge about us and what concerns us, and how much he cares. 

Verses 4-7 reminds us that just as God is aware and cares for every sparrow, we are much more valuable and he cares for us even more.  And one of my favorite verses is verse 7:  Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

I thought about that, and at least for my head, the number of hairs on any given day changes.  Hair falls out, I brush my hair and it becomes full of hair, and new hair grows in.  The attention to detail that is required to keep up with the number of hairs on our heads is incredible, as much more skill is required for that job than any job on any assembly line in any plant around the world.

Why would God mention this attention to detail?  I think it’s to put us at ease, to allow us to put to rest any worry we have that he’s missing something that concerns us.


He doesn’t miss a thing.  And that should make you sleep well tonight.  Because if you’re losing hair, or someone’s pulling it out, it’s okay – he’s at working growing new hair to cover you once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment