Thursday, September 19, 2013

Can You?

Job 38 - Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
    or lead out the Bear with its cubs? Do you know the laws of the heavens?
    Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth?

The last several chapters of Job are some of my favorite ones in the Bible.  Any time I feel like shaking a fist at God because of my own lack of understanding or frustration with his ways, the verses in these chapters jolt me back into the reality of the fact that He is God, and I am not.

The answer to the above questions posed in those verses is a clear and definite, “No.”  I cannot orchestrate one star in the sky, let alone a constellation.  I have no idea how the universe works and its vastness is beyond my comprehension.

God is the supreme ruler over all the earth, all of the heavens above it, all of the creatures that roam on it, and all of the dirt underneath.  And yet…he chooses to call me his daughter and share in all of his glory.

Next time you’re looking up at the sky in wonder about why in the world God doesn’t answer your prayer or come to your rescue in the timely manner in which you instructed him to do, try wondering at the marvelous handiwork stretched out before you and rest in the fact that He knows, He cares, and He will act…in his time.

Once we settle our minds to rest in the arms of an almighty God who rules over all, the frustration leaves, and the peace presents itself and settles in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment