Saturday, September 14, 2013

Shine

Psalm 31: 16, 17 Make Your face to shine upon Your servant; Save me in Your loving kindness. Let me not be put to shame, O Lord, for I call upon You; Let the wicked be put to shame, let them be silent in Sheol.

“Sheol” is a grave or a pit. 

That’s where we find ourselves at times, when we are full of self-pity, lifeless, and without strength to climb out to the light.

This psalm is a cry to the Lord for his face to shine into his darkness so that the one in the pit is saved.  The psalmist knows that God is loving and kind, and that if he can just see God's face, he will be saved.

I’ve never been lost in a cavern, in the dark, with no way out, but I can imagine it would be pretty scary.  However, if light began to shine above me, hope would rise as I look upward expecting a rescue was near.

God does not shame us, nor leave us in a pit, to die.  In fact, he silences those lies that send us to the pit in the first place.

Look up.  His light is shining above you.  Reach up and grab his hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment