Saturday, February 2, 2013

Secure Refuge



Love this verse – Whoever fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for their children it will be a refuge. (Proverbs 14)

There are countless adults who don’t enjoy returning home.  Either their parents fight, they have bad memories from being at home, or they swore when they left they’d never go back because of wounds and irreparable hurts. 

Fearing the Lord simply means loving Him, honoring Him, and obeying Him – out of love for who He is.  It is a personal walk with God that shows through kindness, gentleness, peace…(you know - those things called the fruit of the spirit).  It’s those sort of things that our kids see, way more than the things we say and tell them to do.  If we walk in relationship with Him, and it shows in our everyday life – this provides a “safe place” for our kids – forever.

I don’t want my kids to visit me out of duty or shame.  I want them to know that my house is a refuge – a place where they can always be themselves – and always feel loved.  I want them to know when life gets stormy, I’ll pray with them.  When life is good, I’ll rejoice with them. And when life is hard, I’ll walk with them.  All because I know He is with us.

Is your place a secure fortress?  The name of the Lord is a strong tower…just run to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment