Friday, February 22, 2013

Say it Again



I think David (in the Psalms) was one of the most distressed writers of the Bible, yet he was also the best model of knowing what to do in times of stress – rest in God.

How was he able to rest? He realized several things as evidenced in chapter 62:

“my salvation comes from Him” – no one else but God

“truly he is my rock…” – he won’t move or go away

“…and my salvation” – no one else but God

“he is my fortress”  - he protects me from harm

“I will never be shaken” – nothing can separate me from his great love

“yes, my soul, find rest in God”  - he speaks to his soul to rest

And then he repeats the above phrases again.

Sometimes we know God is all of these things, but sometimes it’s necessary for us to repeat the truth to ourselves again…and then rest comes.   The first time we hear the words, and the second time we believe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment