Sunday, February 17, 2013

His Presence



In Numbers 10 it says the children of Israel started out traveling and the ark of the covenant (which represented His presence) went before them to “find them a place to rest.”  It then says whenever the ark set out, Moses said, “Rise up Lord! May your enemies be scattered…” and whenever the ark came to rest, Moses asked the Lord to return to them. 

In other words, only following after His presence brought them victory…and rest…both of which were necessary as they traveled.

The best part of that passage is how His presence sought out a place for them to rest.  And when they followed it and rested, they were able to then rise up and face enemies when they appeared. 

I know that personally, when I’m tired – I don’t see things correctly, I’m grouchy, I’m not interested in anything or anyone – and I certainly don’t feel like fighting any enemies!

His presence – it’s gas to go – and it’s the brakes to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment