Thursday, February 14, 2013

REST


JOURNEY TOWARDS REST…

Join me as I learn how to “rest” this year.  I write about “rest” under Strengthening Your Core, coming up in the March issue, and how this journey began.  Come walk with me as I journal and learn what it means to walk in His rest…daily. 

The other day…I literally rested…physically. It wasn’t intentional, it doesn’t come naturally, but I often feel the need for it.  I just am too busy, too full, to grab a nap.  While I was working, I got very sleepy and put my head on a small pillow for what I thought would be 15 minutes, at the most.  Two hours later, I awoke.  I’m pretty sure I haven’t napped this long since I was a child.

I know that physical rest results in a better attitude, better health, and better ability to think clearly and logically.  It’s just so hard for me to do.  God rested after he created the world, and this is mentioned in the very beginning of the Bible.  So rest must be important!

Thank you Lord for the nap today; which I so desperately needed, but was unable to acquire.  You just gave it to me – restful sleep.  For that, I am grateful. And my body thanks you too!

REST awaits us...

No comments:

Post a Comment