Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day of Rest



The Lord even blessed the Sabbath day (the day of rest) and made it holy.  It was a day set apart to cease from work, to focus on Him.  I suppose that’s why we go to church on Sunday?  But for some, Sunday church is anything but “rest.” It’s work to go early, prepare, give, and oh yeah…worship.

This day of rest is supposed to be blessed.  So if we go to church and don’t want to be there, we arrive with an attitude, and we burn out from giving and never receiving – it’s not a day of rest – but rather a day of turmoil.

How can church day – Sunday – or whatever day you go – be restful?  Especially for those who serve?

For me, I have to constantly remind myself that I’m serving Him and He is the one who rewards me.  When I remember this truth, I don’t arrive frustrated at the lack of participation by others, the indifference of those around me, or the lack of appreciation from those I serve.  In fact, I don’t sit in judgment at all.  Sitting in judgment of my church family only makes me tired.

Is your restful day blessed…and holy?  If not, don’t look around…look up.

No comments:

Post a Comment