Friday, February 15, 2013

Guilt-eeee!


Still learning to REST...won't you join my journey?  

I often carry around guilt.  It’s been a part of my spiritual DNA since I can remember.  Mostly, I’ve carried the sense that if I mess up even in one bad thought, I might not be good enough to please HIM.  I also had another sense that if something is really fun – it must be bad.  Both of these, I’ve learned, are so far from the truth of how God sees me.  He loves me, and His work on the cross, took my sins away – away!  And having fun is not sinful!  Both of these things, and any other sense of guilt we carry, can really inhibit rest.  In fact, it inhabits stress.

I appreciate my husband who has the innate ability to chill, to enjoy life, and to be content.  I’m learning from him.   It’s okay if I stumble and have a bad day – I’m human (imagine that!).  And having fun is a necessary part and a huge key to rest.  And rest?  It’s a necessity, just like food and water, if I’m going to be of any good to any one at any given time of the day.

Guilt – I’m not carrying you with me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment