Sunday, February 10, 2013

Planning


February 11, 2013

I don’t know about you, but I’m a planner.  I have plans for our future, for the way I want my house to look, for trips and vacations, for all sorts of things – I enjoy planning!  In fact, half of the fun in taking a trip is in the planning (in my opinion, of course!)  So we all have “many” plans.

However, even the best of our plans are not always the best plans.  Plans get changed, they fail, or sometimes we lack enough wisdom and understanding – and they just don't work!

Proverbs 19:21 says we all have many plans…”but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” Do you know what “prevails” means?  It means to prove more powerful than opposing forces.  So God’s plans and purposes for us are set in motion, and when we walk with Him, NOTHING can thwart those plans.  He prevails!

I don’t know about you, but I want to succeed in my planning and I hope my plans work out well. But I KNOW His plans will work out well, even when I can’t understand His thinking. 

Many are my plans, but magnificent are His plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment