Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Listen to me...

I’m going to stop and linger a few days in Isaiah 46.  I love this passage…

Listen to me… Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your  graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; And I will bear you and I will deliver you.

Whatever age you are as you read this, you either have gray hair yourself, you have parents with gray hair, or grandparents with gray hair…and it’s hard to watch ourselves and them get “older” and become less adept at living life to the fullest…

But wait.

EVEN in our old age, HE is with us. 

I love the imagery here of him bearing us and carrying us and delivering us.

It’s hard to watch my aging parents, but I feel comforted to know that the one who carried us out of the womb won’t stop carrying us…ever…until we’re in his arms…forever.

That brings comfort to my soul…especially since I too have graying hair…


No comments:

Post a Comment