Sunday, March 13, 2016

Come and Find It

Matthew 11 (it’s a good read and a good study) ends with this…

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

If we are weighed down, burdened constantly, tired, weary, about to fall…it’s a good indication that we aren’t giving our burdens to Him or resting.

Sounds like a good idea, but hard to do?

This verse says his yoke is easy and his burden is light.  I think that’s because he knows the outcome of this tiring life, he knows that his Father sees all and has a good good plan with a dynamic finish, and he knows that when we connect with him and understand this – we too can enter in to the same rest he has with his Father.

It’s a oneness and a unity like none other.

And it’s ours too, if we just come to Him, take, and learn from our gentle Savior who whispers rest to our weary souls.


No comments:

Post a Comment