Monday, March 14, 2016

Eagerly Waiting

Romans 8 says
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.

No one likes suffering, I’m sure of it.  Although there are athletes that sure endure rigorous training and almost “abuse” of their bodies so that they can obtain a prize or win a race.  Why do they do it?  They want to win!

Suffering in this world is present all around us, every day.  We either stub our toe and suffer a few minutes in pain, or we lose a loved one and suffer the ache and grief for years.

But this verse says sufferings here don’t even stand up or bear credence to the glory to be revealed in us.

I can’t imagine that, but I choose to believe it.  There’s a day coming when I won’t be constricted by what I think, feel, taste, and see because all will be revealed and all will be made whole.

Suffering will be no more.


Isn’t that comforting to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment