Wednesday, March 2, 2016

He Heard

Psalm 28 Blessed be the Lord, Because He has heard the voice of my supplication.The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him.


Yesterday’s verse was David crying out for help, afraid God might not hear him.  A few verses later, God has heard him and David is now stating that the Lord is his strength and his shield.

Do you ever wonder if God gets tired of our incessant back and forth trust/distrust in Him?

We love him, we trust him, we exalt him, and we sing to him after he hears us and answers our prayers.  But when a storm arises again, we mistrust and fear and fall into despair.

What a fickle species we are!

The Lord absolutely loves it when we praise him, and he knows our flesh grows weak and weary when things are tough. 

But I’m thinking he loves it a little bit more, perhaps, when we don’t question and we still praise him, even when all the noise is gone and the darkness is creeping in…

Because we know our Shepherd is with us. Always and forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment