Saturday, March 5, 2016

None, Nothing, No One

Psalm 40:5
Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, They would be too numerous to count.

I know that I can go from feeling good about myself to downright depressed if and when I start to compare myself against others who are prettier, younger, more skilled, richer, etc. than I am.  It’s not wise to compare ourselves among ourselves.

So where is the word “compare” used in the bible?  I wanted to know…

This verse says none compare to Him – when we gaze on his wonders – when we realize how he thinks of us – it’s quite overwhelming.

In fact, realizing His great love for us should wipe away all other comparisons, knowing that the God of the Universe formed us and loves us and amazes us daily, even just in creation.


Nothing compares to His great love, and that should settle our restless minds and hearts that wander away to measuring ourselves against others…

No comments:

Post a Comment