Friday, March 7, 2014

The One

I love these verses from Psalm 3:

But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the Lordand he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.

I picture the Lord high atop a mountain, watching over the beautiful valley below, where I lay sleeping in the comfort of my home.  It’s a safe, beautiful thought to know that God watches over me when I sleep.

God not only watches over us, but he is a shield around us, the one who lifts our head up high when it tends to hang down low.

God is the one who answers us when we call; in fact, his answer comes from his holy mountain.  Therefore, the answer is the best answer available.

God is the one who grants us sleep, and wakes us up daily, because it’s his breath inside of us that keeps us alive.

Are you looking down? Are you crying out?  Are you having trouble in the darkest of night as you try to sleep?

Call out to the Lord.  And listen for his answer.  It will be a comfort, and not condemnation.  Rest in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment