Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Shepherd

Genesis 48:15 includes a father’s blessing on his sons:

“May the God before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac walked faithfully,
the God who has been my shepherd all my life to this day, the Angel who has delivered me from all harm—may he bless these boys. May they be called by my name and the names of my fathers Abraham and Isaac, and may they increase greatly on the earth.”


This father proclaims the faithfulness of God, calling him his shepherd “all my life to this day” so that his son can hear what a good God, God is. 

We are told over and over again in the Word to tell of God’s faithfulness in our lives to the ears our children, so that they hear and believe.  We must call it out, voice it, and proclaim it.

This father speaks a blessing over his boys, one of great increase over the earth.

Did you know that you have the authority to speak the same over your children?  When they are born, you can speak God’s faithfulness over their lives to come.  As they grow, you can relay of God’s faithfulness to you, so that they too recognize and grow in God’s faithfulness to them.   And even when they’re grown and have children of their own, as grandparents you can speak and bless your kids, by calling on the name of the Lord.

Speak to your kids today.  Tell them of Him.  Then speak a blessing over them.  And do it again tomorrow. And the next day.

May they hear, believe, and experience God as Shepherd over their own lives and then proclaim it to their children, as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment