Saturday, February 22, 2014

Uphold Me

Lamentations 3 says this, You came near when I called you, and you said, “Do not fear. You, Lord, took up my case; you redeemed my life. Lord, you have seen the wrong done to me. Uphold my cause!

Have you ever been wronged?  I’m sure you have.  Sometimes, we are wronged and when we tell our story, no one believes us.  Other times, we share our grief only to be comforted for a moment, but then we are forgotten once again.  And often, we are wronged and too ashamed to share or too afraid to be rejected.

On the off chance that someone really cares about what has been done to us, even if it’s as simple as being charged too much for a product we just bought, it makes us feel great for an advocate to come along and present our case, and make things right. 

I’ve been in on a court case before, and it’s not fun standing before a judge wondering if the case is going to go for…or against…the accused.

However, when we call on the Lord in our despair or grief, he first of all calms us by saying, “Do not fear.”

Next, he takes up our case, redeems our life, and upholds our cause!

God sees the wrong that’s been done to us throughout our lives, and he cares.  He wants to set things right in our hearts, our minds, our bodies, and our lives. 

That’s who he is – our Redeemer.


No comments:

Post a Comment